Workshop on Reproductive Biotechnology and Cryobanking in Aquatic Species
We are pleased to announce the 4th edition of the Workshop on Reproductive Biotechnology and Cryobanking in Aquatic Species, within the framework of the project EBB (European Blue Biobank). The course will be focused on techniques for germline cryobanking integrating aspects of different expertise.
The Workshop will highlight the most recent developments in each topic, promoting a strong interaction between the attendees and the experienced researchers and private companies working in different techniques for germline cryobanking. The last day, consist of practical sessions that will take place at the facilities of the University of Algarve.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, priority will be given to local students and sessions will be limited to 20 participants. The selected participants for the practical sessions will be contacted by the organizing committee by email.
Participation is free, upon registration HERE, available until 2nd April.
- Introduction to the course
- Cryopreservation techniques
- Cells and tissues cryopreservation
- Biobanking for genetic resources
- Freezing methods (interactive videos)
- Cryopreservation of Algae, molluscs, echinoderms, and corals
- Cryobanking in freshwater and marine fish
- Cryopreservation on model fish species
- Gamete cryopreservation in aquatic mammals, sharks & rays
- Emerging biotechnology for freezing and thawing (interactive videos)
- Testimonials from private companies
9th April ((practical sessions at UALG facilities):
- Sperm extraction and analysis in marine invertebrates and fish
- Germcells cryobanking in marine vertebrates
- Visit to Zebrario: maintenance of model fish species
This year, the 4th edition will take place online, via the ZOOM platform.
The practical sessions that will take place at the facilities of the University of Algarve.