CCMAR joins the Cientificamente Provável program and teaches science to young students
Promoting knowledge and contributing to the enrichment of the school path of young students is the aim of the initiative Cientificamente Provável. CCMAR has joined this conjoint initiative of the Secretary of State for Education, through the Network of School Libraries and the Secretary of State for Science, Technology and Higher Education.
Our center has a protocol with the libraries of the Dr. Francisco Fernandes Lopes School Group, from Olhão, that participated in this year project. Our researchers participated in this initiative by giving the following lectures:
- “DNA - The Book of Life", Liliana Anjos;
- “Are the shells dissolving in the sea?", Zélia Velez;
- “What can happen when the insects bite us?", João Cardoso;
- “Endocrine disruptors; when our hormones are deceived", Patrícia Pinto;
- "No frost: effects of climate change on bodies in polar regions”, Pedro Guerreiro.
Next year, CCMAR will join this initiative again with the presence of new researchers: Alexandra Teodósio and João Silva. Don't miss it!