The European Marine Biological Research Infrastructure Cluster (EMBRIC) is designed to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery and innovation from marine Bio-Resources. EMBRIC aims to promote new applications derived from marine organisms in fields such as drug discovery, novel foods and food ingredients, aquaculture selective breeding, bioremediation, cosmetics and bioenergy. In particular, EMBRIC will:
- develop new pipelines and new industry standards, by conducting a comprehensive survey of available resources and techniques.
- defragment regional research, development and innovation policies, by interconnecting science, industry and policy.
- allow industry to directly integrate results and protocols in commercial processes, by implementing joint academia-industry development activities.
- accelerate the pace of scientific discovery and innovation, by developing best practices and integrated training programs.
- facilitate technology transfer, knowledge transfer and transnational access, by connecting 6 existing European Research Infrastructures and 29 partners from Academia, Research institutes, non-for-profit organizations and industry.
21 Access Providers from five European Research Infrastructures
The EMBRIC Transnational Access (TA) program supports research projects in marine biotechnology. It provides researchers from academia and industry with access to Research services for marine biotech at its partner institutes to enable them to carry out their research projects on marine organisms.
CCMAR contact point
Local Access Officer: Ana Margarida Amaral