Why are the FAQs and application menu in English?
Because if you are going to work or have training at CCMAR you will be often required to communicate in English.
Ready to apply for a fellowship or a job at CCMAR? Here’s what you’ll need:
- Read carefully the job/fellowship announcement and confirm that your profile meets the requirements.
- Provide all the information requested in the application process/documents.
- Prepare a detailed curriculum vitae preferably organized according to the skills requested/ evaluation criteria. To be uploaded in PDF format.
- A motivation letter of 4000 characters explaining the motivation to apply, how it fits in your career plans, and how and why you would be an asset for that role (to be written/pasted directly on the platform).
- Degree certificate by a Portuguese Higher Education Institution or in the case of foreign degrees the recognition of the academic degree by a Portuguese Public Higher Education Institution or by DGES confirming your qualifications. To be uploaded as a single file in pdf format.
- A declaration on honour (if you have concluded your degree, by the time of the application but are still waiting for the certificate or if you have concluded your degree, from a foreign university, but it is still not recognized by a Portuguese Public Higher Education Institution or by DGES) with a copy of the acknowledgement of the request for recognition of the degree in annex or with a copy of the acknowledgement of the request of the degree certificate in annex, to be uploaded as a single file in pdf format. Please note that whenever the final classification of your degree(s) is necessary for your application overall assessment (you can check at the criteria selection if it is) you’ll be asked to state your degree(s) final classification in the Portuguese scale in the declaration of honour mentioned above. The information provided by the declaration of honour will be the only information considered for the assessment and cannot be subject to amendments later. Please bear in mind that in this case your degree certificate or the recognition of your degree must also state your final classification in the Portuguese scale.
- Any additional relevant information listed in the job/fellowship announcement.
In what format can I send my application documents?
As indicated above only documents submitted as a PDF file are accepted. In the course of your application, you will be requested a curriculum vitae (pdf format), proof of your qualifications (pdf format) and supporting documents as a single file (pdf format), a motivation letter (pasted online). If applicable you might also be requested to upload a declaration of honour in pdf format.
Can I send my application documents in Portuguese?
Yes, you can. Unless specified in the advertisement that your documents have to be in English, you can send your application documents in Portuguese. However, note that excellent English language skills are always a plus and this can be demonstrated by writing in English.
May I apply for a job by email instead of through the job platform?
No. Only applications send trough the CCMAR’s job forms can be accepted.
What happens to my application after it has been submitted?
When an application is submitted, a confirmation e-mail is generated acknowledging that the application has been received. Note that it may take up to 48 hours for the message to be sent.
How can I verify that my curriculum vitae has been properly submitted and/or received?
You can preview your application documents before sending them.
I have not completed the degree required by the job/fellowship offer at the time of application. Can I apply?
No. Only applicants that comply with the requirements at the time of the application are eligible. However, we encourage you to apply in the future when your qualifications match the requirements described in a new fellowship or job announcement.
What happens if I don’t meet the requirements?
If you do not meet the requirements, you will not be considered for that specific job or fellowship.
Where can I found more about recognition degrees?
Information about the recognition procedures can be obtained at any Portuguese public higher education institution or by Directorate General for Higher Education – DGES (here).
How long will it take to review my application and when are the results announced?
Communication of the results will be sent by e-mail within 90 working days after the application deadline. In addition, the call minutes will be published on our website under the call announcement.
Why am I being asked about gender and nationality?
We only ask about gender and nationality for statistical purposes and is not linked to personal information. The availability of this information will contribute to the transparency of the recruitment process. CCMAR’s non-discrimination and equal access opportunities policy: No candidate can be privileged, benefited, jeopardised or private of any right or exempt of any claim in regards to descendent, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, economic situation, origin, social economy, genetic heritage, disability, chronic disease, nationality, ethnicity, territory of origin, language, religion, politics and ideological beliefs and union membership.
Spontaneous application. Can I send a spontaneous application?
No. We only accept applications related to a specific job/fellowship offers.
How will my personal data be kept?
Your records will be stored for up to ten years after your contract terminates. Personal information is only accessed by specific administrative staff as required for administrative purposes and to the entities that manage the funding programmes financing your position. Non-disclosure of personal information is ever made to other staff or external entities without prior consent.
Can I apply for jobs or fellowships after the application deadline?
No. Once the application deadline has passed it is not possible to apply for that offer anymore.
Can I change the information or add new documents to my application within the deadline?
No. The only way is to submit a new application. The last submission received within the deadline will be the only one considered.
How can I delete, cancel or withdraw my CCMAR application?
By replying to the email acknowledging the submission and asking for your application to be cancelled. You’ll then receive an email confirming the cancellation.
Having questions or problems?
If you have any problem or have any questions please send an email to the HR Manager- Rita Narciso Pereira (email@example.com)