Entrepreneurship Officer [M/F] – 1 vacancy Post (Ref.: CCMAR/EO/07/2017)
The Algarve Centre for Marine Science (CCMAR) has vacancy for an Entrepreneurship Officer (M/F) to satisfy temporary needs under an uncertain term employment contract, to implement knowledge management and innovation strategies under the Portuguese node of the European Marine Biological Resource Centre (EMBRC). The EMBRC is a distributed research infrastructure that aims to provide a strategic delivery mechanism for excellent and large-scale marine science in Europe. With its services, EMBRC will support both fundamental and applied research based on marine bioresources and marine ecosystems.
The Entrepreneurship Officer will be a member of the Business and Communication Unit and work as a team in an international environment in the design, planning and implementation of the EMBRC’s knowledge management and innovation strategies. The job holder will work closely with the researcher’s community identifying, and disseminating innovation good practices and assisting in entrepreneurship related subjects reporting to the CCMAR Directors.
- Working efficiently and as a team member in the Business and Communication Unit to promote innovation and technology transfer at CCMAR.
- Developing and implementing CCMAR's strategic plan for entrepreneurship within the EMBRC framework.
- Mapping of opportunities for start-up creation.
- Identifying opportunities for patenting, licencing or other forms of research output protection and commercialization.
- Implementing workshops and seminars to develop CCMar members and graduate students skills in entrepreneurship.
- Developing a strong relationship with local, national and international companies that may become mentors of CCMar’s start-ups.
- Organizing and implementing industry targeted workshops and other activities to foster innovation and technology transfer to the economy.
- Working closely with TTOs from other organizations, in particular the University of the Algarve TTO office (CRIA), business organizations and municipalities, to implement entrepreneurship strategies, optimizing resources and having maximum impact.
- Identifying and disseminating funding opportunities for entrepreneurship programs and assisting researchers in applying and implementing.
- Measuring and reporting the effectiveness of implementation of entrepreneurship programmes.
- A master degree or equivalent in business, entrepreneurship or relevant discipline with demonstrated experience of at least three years in setting up and running entrepreneurship programs.
- Proven knowledge of IP management in its several approaches (e.g., patents, trade secrets, trademark, copyright).
- Personal experience in launching start-ups and knowledge of the funding landscape for start-ups
- Ability to work within international, interdisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- A full command of excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to work in teams, in a fast pace environment, where information needs to be communicated, requested and shared among several key personnel.
- Start-up mentality, with the ability to work occasionally in short-term projects, with different people, with different roles, with a broad range of functions.
- Excellent communication, networking and partnership building skills.
- Ability to develop strong and lasting relationships with industrial and commercial partners.
- Ability to work under pressure meeting tight deadlines.
Salary: Monthly gross salary of approximately 1700.26€.
Expected start date: May 2017
Working contract conditions: uncertain term employment contract starting in May 2017.
Working Schedule: 35 hours weekly, and the possibility to work at weekends as needed.
Working Place: Gambelas Campus of the University of Algarve. Occasional trips might be required.
Application Period : between 3 and 17 April 2017.
Selection Committee: Adelino V. M. Canário, President of the Directive Board (President), Tiago Magalhães (member) and Deborah Power (member).
Application documents: Applicants should send their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference in the subject (Refª CCMAR/EO/07/2017). The application should include a detailed curriculum vitae, a copy of MSc certificate, a motivation letter in English that should address the Responsibilities/Experience/Skills requirements and e-mail contacts of up to 3 professional referees. Applications are considered as correctly submitted only after receiving an email confirmation from CCMAR.
Selection: The candidates will be ranked based on the documents provided. Eventually a reduced number of the top ranked candidates may be interviewed.
The selection committee will exercise the right to contact and interview candidates should it require further information or clarification about their application. In the event that no applicant has the necessary profile, or the funding conditions have significantly changed since the announcement of the position, the selection committee reserves the right to close the call without any recruitment. In the event that the contract holder should resign during the contract, the jury reserves the right, upon convenience and opportunity, to assign the post to the next applicant in accordance with the ranking positions.
Communication of results: The decision of the selection committee will be communicated in writing.
CCMAR’s non-discrimination and equal access opportunities policy – No candidate can be privileged, benefited, jeopardised or be deprived of any right or exempt of any claim in regards to descendent, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, economic situation, origin, social economy, genetic heritage, disability, chronic disease, nationality, ethnicity, territory of origin, language, religion, politics, ideology or union membership.