Laboratory Technical Officer [M/F] - 1 vacancy | Post Ref.: CCMAR/TSL/13/2018
The Algarve Centre for Marine Science (CCMAR) opens a vacancy for a Laboratory Technical Officer (M/F) to satisfy temporary needs under a 12 months fixed term employment contract, in order to support the work carried at the Aquaculture Research Group Laboratory in the context of the ValorMar project “VALORMAR - Valorização integral dos recursos marinhos: potencial, inovação tecnológica e novas aplicações”, funded by the European Regional Development Fund (FEDER) through Programa Operacional Regional do Algarve (CRESC ALGARVE 2020), and AQUA Group own revenues.
- Tasks to perform:
- Analysis of amino acids by HPLC and UPLC.
- Analysis of vitamins by HPLC and UPLC.
- Development of methods by HPLC and UPLC.
- Other biochemistry analysis and support to the analytical work arising from the research of the AQUA research group.
- Laboratory management.
- Salary: Monthly gross salary of 1393.74€.
- Required profile:
The candidate should:
- Hold a BSc. degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnological Engineering or related area.
Only applicants that fulfil the required profile will be considered.
- Working contract conditions: fixed term employment contract starting January 2019.
- Working Schedule: 35 hours weekly.
- Working Place: CCMAR at the Gambelas Campus of the Algarve University, Portugal.
- Application submission and documents: Applications should be submitted directly to the CCMAR website https://www.ccmar.ualg.pt/list/job (only applications submitted directly at the CCMAR website will be considered). You should consider your application as correctly submitted only after receiving an email confirmation from CCMAR. Application should include a Motivation Letter, copy of the BSc. certificate and a detailed CV.
- Application Period: between 25 of October and 9 of November 2018.
- Selection Committee: Dr. Cláudia Aragão, researcher at CCMAR (President), Dr. Sofia Engrola researcher at CCMAR (member) and Dr. Carmen Navarro, researcher at CCMAR (member).
- Selection Criteria: The selection will be based on the documents provided and will have the following weights:
- BSC. Degree final score - 20%.
- Demonstrated working experience in high-pressure liquid chromatography - 25%.
- Demonstrated working experience in amino acids and vitamins analysis, preferably by chromatographic methods - 15%
- Demonstrated experience in implementation and validation of analytical methods - 15%.
- Informatics knowledge from the user point of view including HPLC analysis software - 15%.
- Laboratory training (training, workshops or conferences) - 10%.
The selection committee will exercise the right to contact and interview candidates should it require further information or clarification about their application. In the event that no applicant has the necessary profile, or the funding conditions have significantly changed since the announcement of this position, the selection committee reserves the right to close the call without any recruitment. In the event that the contract holder should resign during the contract, the jury reserves the right, upon convenience and opportunity, to assign the post to the next applicant in accordance with the ranking positions.
- Results: The decision of the selection committee will be communicated in writing by email.
CCMAR’s non-discrimination and equal access opportunities policy – No candidate can be privileged, benefited, jeopardised or be deprived of any right or exempt of any claim in regards to descendent, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, economic situation, origin, social economy, genetic heritage, disability, chronic disease, nationality, ethnicity, territory of origin, language, religion, politics, ideology or union membership.
October 22nd 2018