ATT: Ecopath with Ecosim Courses
Ecopath with Ecosim (EwE) is a free ecosystem modelling software suite widely used in marine ecology. EwE includes three main components: Ecopath – a static, mass-balanced snapshot of the system; Ecosim – a time dynamic simulation module for policy exploration; and Ecospace – a spatial and temporal dynamic module primarily designed for exploring impact and placement of protected areas.
For more information on EwE consult the website.
Natalia Serpetti is a postdoc researcher associate on ecosystem modelling and benthic ecology at the Scottish Association of Marine Science (SAMS), Scottish Marine Institute, Oban, UK.
Jeroen Steenbeek is a classically trained software engineer with over twenty-five years of experience of software development in industrial, commercial and academic settings, based at the Ecopath International Initiative in Barcelona
Number of participants for both courses:
Course I: Introduction to food web modelling with Ecopath with Ecosim (3 days) | 05 - 07 NOV 2018
- Basic concepts and modelling procedures of aquatic ecosystems using the Ecopath with Ecosim food web modelling approach
- Principles behind EwE
- Designing, parameterizing and analyzing an ecological model with Ecopath
- Introductory concepts of the temporal module Ecosim and the spatial-temporal module Ecospace
Course II: Advanced Ecosim and Ecospace (2 days) | 08 - 09 Nov 2018
- Fundamentals of the Ecosim model (e.g.: foraging area)
- Driving and fitting models with time series, testing model uncertainty with the Monte Carlo routines and interpreting Ecosim outputs
- Theory behind Ecospace and latest additions to the model
- Spatial scenarios with Ecospace - creation, parameterization and evaluation
- Use of habitats and the manifold of possibilities offered by the new habitat capacity model
- Demonstration of the spatial temporal data framework
After pre-registration and selection, the candidates will receive the instructions for payment.
Fee and registration
|Registration fees||Until 31st July||
After 1st August
Course I: Introduction to food web modeling with Ecopath with Ecosim
(3 days) - 5-7 NOV
Course II: Advanced Ecosim and Ecospace
(2 days) - 8-9 NOV
|Both Courses - Introduction + Advanced - 5-9 NOV||550€||600€|
Discounts might be applied to students and/or CCMAR members, depending on the success of applications submitted.
Payments with paypal will have an extra cost of 20€ per payment.